Who was there?
Dave Naylor (Bronco)
Ciaran Norris (altogetherdigital)
Marcus Tandler (Mediadonis)
Joost de Valk (Orange Valley)
Dixon Jones (Receptional)
Who talked more than anyone?
Dave Naylor (of course!) and Dixon
What were the highlights?
* Dixon is in favor of Yahoo! answers as a free links source that is well indexed by Google.
* have just bought some expired domain? Dave recommends not to change anything (content, design, hosting company etc) right away but to do it gradually, after a couple of months, otherwise search engines realize that something is happening.
*Black hat is:
- Messing up with someone else’s site (Dixon).
- Buying even a single link from authority site like newspapers website.
* Canonical Tag:
- Works better than 301 at the time (Joost).
- Doesn’t work in cross domains (Dave).
* Google knows almost everything so don’t use the same IP or PC to login for different accounts.
* Using Wikipedia for SEO can work only after participating (writing articles, adding comments etc) and joining the Wiki spam team (Joost).
* Although the links on Wikipedia are nofollowed, removing them can hurt the site’s ranking (Marcus).
* Mobile search is important when advertising offline simply because this is when people tend to use their mobile for search. Ciaran said that he saw an ad of Samsung on a train station that said: “Search for any deal on Google” but once he did a search about it he found all of Samsung competitors on the search results but not Samsung. J
* Use http://www.majesticseo.com to check the links that lead to your competitors and then try to get those links to yourself.